And that means it’s time for the weekend round-up. Here’s what caught my attention this week on the webs:
* In Finland, you get a baby gift from the government. It looks pretty cool. In my capitalist, western way, I did do a quick google search to see if you could buy one of these things. Apparently you can not – I didn’t find them on eBay or Etsy.
* Last week it was pretty living rooms, this week it’s awesome kitchens.
* It just may be your grandparents fault — new discoveries in genetics.
* This sounds like a delicious drink.
* 50 rules for Dad’s of daughters — despite some of the really grating gender-stereotyping going on in this list, there are a few nuggets of wisdom.
* A new issue of Lonny Magazine is out!
* More news on the genetics front (just weird to have so many stories in this area this week) on hair color.
* Do y’all follow Karl the Fog on Instagram & Twitter? If not, I highly recommend adding him. He is the fog in San Francisco & the history of how he came to be is right here.
* Interesting, chicken-less, fake eggs are in the works.
* Oh too bad this move to get a job didn’t work – I love a clever approach.
* Sally Draper analyzed by a psychiatrist. (Warning – spoilers in this article if you’re not up to date.)
* Sex & the City’s worst fashion moments (have to confess to really liking Carrie’s “Etsy” getup.)
Have a great weekend!!
Because I am a ridiculously proud & doting auntie, I just had to share these recent snapshots of my little twin nieces that I took on a family trip to San Diego. We took the kiddos to a park that had tons of pretty flowers and they just went bananas. Apparently, they aren’t usually allowed to climb on benches so the two lower right shots were big, subservise fun for those girls. They are too darn cute if I do say so myself.
Apologies for dropping off the face of the earth there last week, faithful readers! (Seriously, I am so happy that you guys click on my blog & “like” it too, it always makes my day.) I don’t know where the week went and I was even saving links for Friday that will have to hold over to this week. Just thought I’d share a little preview of a recent family shoot — you may recall these guys, I’ve been taking pics of their family since their kids were quite small & now the twins are almost 7! Time just flies & I have a soft spot for twins.
These are my super adorable twin nieces giving each “lovies”. Aren’t they just the cutest things on the planet?! (Told you this wasn’t so humble . . .)
I got to hang out with my super cute nieces Riley (the blonde imp) and Avery (with the slightly darker curls) over the weekend. I had to snap a few iphone shots of these cuties & I couldn’t get over it, they are only 1 & after I took pics, they came over and wanted to see them, and swiped through the camera roll. These shots are from their edit (I took major giggles to mean “I like that one”).