Happy 4th of July, everyone! If you’re in the USA, I hope you’re enjoying a lovely long weekend filled with fireworks, hotdogs, and picnics (how’s that for the all-American cliché that somehow seems to materialize this weekend). I’ll be shooting the absolutely lovely Melissa & Josh’s wedding up in Sonoma (you haven’t met them yet as they’re coming out here from the east coast, but I assure you, they are absolutely awesome people and I cannot wait for their day). (Btw, if you’re not in the USA, I hope you have a great weekend, but I’m guessing it probably won’t involve a holiday that’s focused on red, white, and blue.) If you’ve got some time on your hands, here’s what caught my attention this week:
* So I just love seeing stars in real life. It’s somewhat of a problem. I can’t help but get taken in by US Weekly & People Magazine any time I’m waiting anywhere. I was especially delighted to see the prison guard from Orange is the New Black pop up on my feed with a wedding on Style Me Pretty. She’s stunning in real life.
* Apparently people are using Instagram as a dating platform? I love Insta but this seems unusual to me, but what do I know.
* Did you ever watch The Hills? I’ll admit to being a fan. I loved to hate Olivia Palermo. I loved her clothes though (& the numerous pins to her on my Pinterest page provide the evidence to back that statement up) and it’s no surprise that her wedding get-up is nothing short of minimalist fabulous.
* If you’re looking for some fun beach reading, I’m in the middle of Seating Arrangements and am completely enjoying it. (Shout-out to my dear friend Claudia for the recommendation.)
* An ode to Jessica Fletcher (I was a *huge* Murder She Wrote fan and did you know that Cabot Cove is actually Mendocino, California and you can stay at her house?)
* How to care for cashmere.
* Next up on my list of places to try – Marla Bakery – my neighborhood just keeps getting hipper, and I am not complaining.
* This intersection is insane (I will never complain about driving in SF again).
That’s all for this week – happy long weekend!