If you follow me on instagram (shameless plug – I’m @ellephotographs), you may have discerned that I was on vacation this last week. (It also explains the lack of posts here.) I spent the week down in Santa Barbara (more on that to come) and took the long road home via San Simeon with a stop at Hearst Castle. I hadn’t been there since I was in high school, and unlike a lot of places that are easy to remember as being “huge” and then seeming small as an adult, this place was still huge and glamorous. I liked it more today than I did back then. More on that to come as well. I did save some weekend links (I had a fair amount of time to read by the pool), so here you go:
* Huh, baby pigeons may be the exception to the rule that baby-anythings are cute.
* Take note men, sunglasses do make you look hot.
* Apropos – why taking vacation is good for you.
* One of my favorite artists, Caitlin Doherty, has a few new pieces of work on her blog I hadn’t seen before.
* Since Karl the Fog is paying us a typical June visit, I think this sausage and lentil dish needs to be on the home menu. #summerfoodforsanfranciscans
* Braided bun tutorial – this is cool looking and easy (it became my beach style this week).
* Fun photo showing Day 1 of the GGB (& Karl makes an appearance) (look at me staying in theme this week!).