It’s Memorial Day weekend, so that means it’s the official start of summer and the return of foggy days and nights here in San Francisco. I hope you have fun plans for the long weekend, and if you’re relaxing, here’s a few links to amuse you:
* When I lived in the south, I became quite fond of ice box desserts (lemon ice box pie in particular) and a strawberry one sounds delicious. If I find myself with some hours of free time to tend to it, I may give this one a try.
* It’s the start of wedding season, so here’s a reminder from your friendly wedding photographer to please put your camera down during the ceremony – candids at the reception, great – go for it, but please let us do our jobs.
* They don’t drink much wine on Mad Men, do they?
* A little bit rambling, but overall a pretty awesome cover letter. (I just love a clever approach, I do.)
* Have you ever wondered who picks the stamps for the USA? I have. (Nerd alert, I’m kind of obsessed with stamps and collected them as a kid.) The link has the answer.
* I’ve caught little references to Prada Marfa here and there (I’ve seen it pop up on instagram (side side bar – don’t forget I’m @ellephotographs if you want to follow me) and on crummy Bravo television I can’t seem to turn off), but Classic Bride has answered all my questions about it.
* Amazing art in the sand (right here at Ocean Beach).
* Traveling this summer? Here’s a list of airports to avoid – I will confirm that Terminal 3 at Heathrow deserves its place on the list.
* I love striped shirts. I own a million. But here’s a cute source if you’re looking for some.
* I can’t wait for Magic in the Moonlight to come out — Paris in the 20s, Emma Stone & Colin Firth, gorgeous cinematography, and use of the word scoundrel (is that not seriously the best word ever?!), how can you go wrong? The link takes you the trailer.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!