I can’t believe Christmas is almost here, where does the time go?! This weekend I’ll be taking pics and having some fancy high tea with a few girlfriends. Hope you have fun plans. If they involve spending some time online, here’s what I found interesting this week:
- I am a fan of prints of photographs. If you’ve met me, you’ve probably heard my “please make prints so you don’t lose your photographs to old technology” lecture. But I wouldn’t have thought of printing photographs on marshmallows, which apparently is a thing. I’m not sure how I feel about this, but I think it could be cute as a party trick. I’d still encourage you to make some real prints though.
- I just learned that the movie “Love Actually” is a bit controvertial. Who knew? I don’t always think too much when I’m watching rom-coms and this one has always been a favorite of mine. The Atlantic skewered it this week, but this article mounts a lovely defense of this film. I’ll stay on Team Love It.
- A good reminder of rules for gift giving.
- Photos of the Ibiza club scene in the 80s. It’s just fun to take a look.
- Such good news – Domino Magazine is back and now offers subscriptions!
- There are so many great gift-guides out there, but this one is a favorite — it’s a guide to gifts made by members of the Makeshift Society, a group of amazing artists and makers in San Francisco, of which I’m pretty excited to be a part.
- Just in case you missed it, we were on Style Me Pretty – California this week with an awesome, secret elopement. (I think elopements always used to be secret, but that’s a little less common now.) Click over to take a peek at this pretty and sweet and awesome event.
Happy Friday, everyone!