Happy weekend, everyone! Hope you have something fun planned. We’ll be shooting a wedding & relaxing after that. Here’s some links to tide you over until next week.
* A modern guide to being a man — I think a lot of this must be meant in jest, but there are some gems in here; my favorite is “When you admire the work of artists or writers, tell them. And spend money to acquire their work.” — especially the second sentence!
* Sage advice on who to marry from kids. I’m never convinced these lists actually come from kids, but they are pretty amusing regardless.
* This timelapse aging video & the story behind it is pretty amazing and powerful. Worth the time & the click.
* I do have a soft spot for photos of baby animals.
* This tutorial on how to tie a bow tie is handy (& it kind of makes me giggle & think of the movie Pretty Woman).
* So I bought a pair of Birkenstocks (again – I had some in college) a few months ago much to the absolute shock and horror of almost everyone I know. I explained that the interwebs were telling me it was the new “it” shoe with the fashionista crowd and no one believed me. That’s right, no one. Not a single one. This article from Vogue explains that the fashion girls are totally into them and that Birks are having a moment. Take that non-believers. (And they are incredibly comfortable. I will probably sport them this weekend shooting an outdoor wedding. I loathe that I wear ugly comfort shoes to shoot weddings, but they are necessities.)
* Cheap and easy decorating fixes. I must say, some of these are quite clever.
That’s all for this week, folks! Enjoy these last days of summer.
2 thoughts on “Weekend time!”
Oh my gosh – your comment on Birkenstocks is too funny. I confess I have been wanting this one: http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/women/sandals/gizeh/titanium-birko-flor/84528 But I haven’t pulled the trigger yet – partly because I know the BF will roll his eyes and call me a hippie. I had no idea others were having the same feeling about these shoes!
Hahaha! Maureen – that is classic. The one you’re looking at is apparently the “most in” from what I’ve been gathering from my instagram feed (which is a lot hipper than I am). I have to say, I wear mine a lot more than I’d like to admit – they are shockingly comfortable.