* I was most certainly a dance kid. You?
* There’s a surprise sale at Elva Fields going on (love the look of her jewelry).
* If you follow me on instagram (@ellephotographs), you’ll know that I saw The Great Gatsby & I have to tell you, I thought it was truly great. It’s just visually spectacular.
* The clock is ticking on the SFMOMA’s 2-year closure and they are going out with a bang. The Winograd exhibit I mentioned a few months ago is absolutely *fantastic* – I kept meaning to go and finally made it there in the nick of time. It closes on June 2nd, which is right around the corner.
* Did you click over to our Classic Bride feature? If not, there’s no time like the present!
* Found a new blog I’m liking – A Piece of Toast – & they reviewed the Lo & Sons weekender. If I didn’t already have about 10 million weekend bags, I’d be very tempted.
* I follow some people on instagram just because they live and shoot in places I love, like Paris. One of them is Paris in Four Months & she has a round-up of other pretty instagram accounts on her blog.
Have a wonderful weekend!
This one barely counts as I shot it on my pocket camera (after a couple of recent events where I have been kicking myself for leaving the SLR at home, I will not be doing this again), but my lovely friend asked me to take a few shots so she had a recent photo for facebook and the like. I obliged (happily) & caught a sweet shot of her dog too.
We are so excited!! One of our favorite weddings is featured today on Classic Bride!! You should head over there immediately to see Megan & Tony’s gorgeous wedding under the Redwood Trees in Fairfax, CA. You might just decide it’s the perfect spot for your own event.
Here’s a few shots I was lucky enough to take of the absolutely as stunning as she is sweet and lovely, Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls. All of my brides-and-grooms to be, you really must check out her work — she does amazing, modern calligraphy that is *to* *die* for. She can add that perfect touch of modern romance to your events with her perfect script. I cannot gush about her enough. If you want to learn how she does it, she teaches a really fun class teaching the basics at the Makeshift Society that I highly recommend. Okay, enough talking, here’s the pics . . .
It’s Friday again & time for the weekend links. I have to say, either I was too busy this week to monitor the interwebs closely or there just wasn’t as much interesting as usual, so this week’s list is going to be a bit short. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend!
* I am a huge fan of the solo vacation. Best trip I ever took was by myself to Paris. How about you?
* & the Ferry Building just keeps getting cooler (literally & figuratively – you’ve gotta check out the link to get my little pun here . . .)
* Ha! A company is making the American Psycho business card (personally, I’m not sure this is a smart branding/marketing approach for someone to buy into . . .)
* I don’t know how I’m so late to the dry shampoo party, but now that I’m here, I have to say this stuff is truly amazing. Never before in my life have I been able to rock second day hair on any day other than a Saturday or Sunday. With this stuff from Garnier, I can pull it off on a weekday! Game changing.
* Tips on apartment styling from Holly Golightly.
That’s all I got, kids. Happy trails.