Oh my goodness, I’ve neglected this blog lately! But I’m back (at least for today) with a few images from a recent San Francisco City Hall wedding. This cute couple came to SF from Texas to get married and we had a great time going to some classic spots for photos. This is just a little teaser – more to come . . .
Happy weekend, everyone! Hope you’re off to something wonderful. Thought I’d resurrect the weekend links here – a few things have caught my attention lately.
*Pantone’s color of the year is marsala.
*Marsala makes me hungry, and this marsala pasta bake sounds delicious.
*For something lighter, chicken stock is a good idea (I made this last weekend and I may never be able to go back to boxed broths.
*Unrelated to food, I love this dramatic look.
* ICYMI – pretty instagrams from the Golden Globes (I only care what people are wearing).
* If you haven’t seen Bad Lip Reading’s Hunger Games snippets, you are in for a treat. Here’s a bonus track.
This holiday season, I was honored to take photos of my beautiful cousin’s family, including her sweet twin girls. Here’s a few of my favorites from that shoot. (See, I’m catching up, here people!)
It’s been ages since I’ve posted weekend links, so I thought I’d bring them back. Truth be told, collecting the links is a little like going to the gym – it’s fun, it’s something I enjoy, but man, once you stop for a second it can be hard to start doing again. Before I get to the links, a note on today’s photos – they’re just a few snapshots from a recent trip to Seattle. I’m a creature of habit and I ended up going to all my favorite haunts up there, and I did add a new spot – Rock Creek restaurant. It was so good, I ended up having brunch and dinner there. Okay, enough chatter – onto the links:
*Unless you hate laughing, you have to read Emails From Janice. You may recall that I was interviewed by Claire Suddath from Businessweek last year after I spent a weekend at a hippy retreat in the woods, and so I follow her on twitter, because, well I tend to stalk people like that. It turns out that she writes really funny articles and she also has this hilarious tumbler documenting things her mom Janice says. It’s hysterical. You will laugh. I promise.
* Luckily no one asks me for discs of unedited images, but this is a great article explaining why us photographer types won’t give you that. Short version – the editing is as much of the process as taking the picture in the first place.
* Awesome two sentence horror stories. Because Halloween.
* Previously unseen photos from JFK & Jackie’s wedding taken by their second shooter.
* Career advice from powerful women that doesn’t all suck, a round up.
* When I was a kid, I used to love sneak-reading “Can this marriage be saved” in Ladies Home Journal and this history behind the column is fascinating.
* I need to make this now that it’s getting cold again.
* Facts about SATC. Because best show ever made.
Have a great weekend!